Those who don’t want to access the advanced features as well as applications of MS Office prefer using its 2007 version. Its feature of letting the users, access Office Open XML files has made it even more popular. So, if you are also trying to install Microsoft Office 2007 through office.com/setup and finding an error, which says “The language of this installation package is not supported by your system”, then we can surely help you out. But before moving ahead towards the troubleshooting steps, let’s make you aware of the possible reasons that can cause this error:
- You might be trying to install an East Asian version of the product. This normally occurs if you are using Windows 2003 or XP
- The format of the source file could be .iso or .img
- If the source file is in .exe format, then it could lead to this error
- There must be some fault in the CD drive
Steps to fix this error
In this section, we will provide you solutions for all the aforementioned possibilities. Have a look:
For Cause 1
- Press Windows + R key
- Type intl.cpl in the run box
- Click Ok
- Choose the language tab and open Supplement language support to do the following
- Install files for East language check box
- Install files for complex script and right-to-left language check box
- Click Ok
- Insert the Windows server 2003 CD, when prompted. Don’t forget to mention the network location where the files are located
- Restart the computer once done!
For Cause 2
- Re-extract the setup files from the source files
- Once done, try doing the same using a different utility or tool
For Cause 3
- Avoid using any utility like Winzip or 7zip
- For a self extracting .exe file, it is easy to run the setup directly
- In case you want to modify some of the .exe files, try the following steps:
- Press Windows + R key
- Drag and drop the .exe file in the run box
- Put the symbols /? (forward slash and question mark) in the end of path name
- In case of a self-extracting file, you may be prompted with the following options:
- [like /q: quiet installation mode
/extract:<drive>\folder To extract the files ]
- In this case, click Ok available on the prompted window and follow the path:
- Start -> Run -> drag and drop the executable files
- Add the parameter /extract:<path>
- Click Ok
- Open the folder and run the needed setup file
- You can also run the installation without extracting the files
For Cause 4
- Try to copy the files from the CD to the hard drive
- Run the setup from the hard disk location
- If it doesn’t works, then visit www.office.com/setup or try to install Office 2007 on a different computer system
Hope, the aforementioned information works for you!
Huawei, the Chinese networking giant has announced signing a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) to bring Microsoft’s enterprise applications onto Huawei’s public cloud. The two giant MNC will build an open online ecosystem to work together on the development as well as marketing. Huawei cloud already offers Microsoft RDS for SQL Server along with Windows servers. With this news, it is confirmed that Huawei will now bring many other Microsoft products online.
Zheng Yelai, Huawei’s BU and IT line president, has announced the news about the strategic cooperation on cloud services with the American multinational technology company, Microsoft. This will drive innovation as we are building an effortless platform from which customers can take advantage through industry-leading technology. Together, we are confident that we will lead, and win, in the world of digital transformation, Microsoft China CEO Alain Crozier added.
Apart from cloud apps, joint market expansion and marketing strategies are also planned between these two tech giants. Huawei said that we both will begin in-depth cooperation on the public cloud to offer a great experience of the latest cloud services for enterprises and help enterprises execute digital transformation. This cooperation will benefit the customers to have the trusted hosting as well as a number of applications as a service.
This news came after Huawei announced in April 2017 that they are planning to expand its public cloud offering outside of its home market of China. Starting in 2017, Huawei will target on public services, said Xu in April. Huawei will invest huge in building an open as well as trusted public cloud platform that will be a strong foundation of a Huawei cloud family. This will include public clouds Huawei will develop together with operators and on its own. According to the sources, Huawei planned to approach the US enterprise market step by step.
Huawei is all set to develop smart devices into intelligent devices by building end-to-end capabilities that support coordinated development of chips, devices, and the cloud,” Yu said on Saturday.
Maria Silvia is a passionate writer who keeps a strict vigil on the latest technology Microsoft Support news, updates and product launches. She makes her readers aware of every update through here articles and blogs.
Microsoft Office is one of the most common applications among the computer users across the world. The complete package of MS Office includes applications for creating spreadsheets, documents, presentations and more. The latest versions of Office are 2016 and 365. With these two in your computer, you can do many complicated tasks within the blink of an eye and that too without using any other application.
Among all these applications, MS word is used to create documents. While creating a document, you can easily insert a graph, table, image, shapes and more in it. Just like in any other application, you can also face an error in word. The most common errors are:
- Run-time error
- Compile error in a hidden module
- Word cannot open this document (the file you are trying to open)
- Command cannot be performed because a dialogue box is open
- Invalid add-in template
- Subscript out of range
- Module name cannot be found
The aforementioned errors occur when an add-in in the one of the startups folder is not compatible with the Microsoft Word.
- Close or quit all the programs and applications including MS Word and Outlook
- Follow the below mentioned path to open the Startup folder
MS Office 2000
Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup
MS Office 2002
Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup
MS Office 2003
Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Startup
MS Office 2007
Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Startup
MS Office 2010
Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\Startup
Once you open this folder, move all the files available in this folder to the desktop. Restart MS Word and try opening your document once again. If this doesn’t work out, then install the support template by following the below mentioned steps:
- Open control panel by pressing Windows + R and typing control panel in it
- Select add or remove programs
- Now click change or remove program
- From the currently installed program list, click your MS Office version and click change
- From add or remove features, hit next
- In “Custom Setup” setting, select the check box in front of “Choose advanced customization of applications”
- Click next
- Under the “Choose update options for applications and tools”, do the following steps
- Expand MS Office Word
- Expand Wizard and Templates
- Choose the icon More Templates and Macros
- Click to choose Run all from my computer
- Hit update to install the support templates
If you have tried the aforementioned solution but the problem still persists, then visit office.com/setup or contacting Microsoft customer support team would definitely be a great idea. Their customer support team works 24*7 to provide you a quick and reliable solution to all the Microsoft Office errors associated with its different versions.